SO YOU GET TWO WHOLE BLOGS TODAY from yours truly. *Note the Title J* I think there should be some sort of LAW that states any Stay @ Home Mom *or hell… any mom period!* should get at least 2 days a month OFF to do whatever she wants and however long she wants it ALONE *or with a selected friend*! (AND it should be FREE) haha… Yeah, in a perfect world where your grass only grows the perfect length and dinner cooks itself.
Speaking of dinner, I made a quick dinner tonight that came out really good! J I was proud of myself… I took the Campbell’s Chicken Enchilada recipe and changed it up a bit. For the “sauce” on top I used a milky rotel/velveeta mix, and I left out a couple other ingredients. I was super proud considering EVEN THE 6YR OLD said it was good! Mission Accomplished! Here’s the recipe… Hope it works for you too!
½ can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
2 tbs cup sour cream
½ Block of Velveeta®
1 can Rotel® (Mild Diced)
2 teaspoons chili powder
3 shredded cooked chicken *I boiled mine before hand*
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
8 Corn Tortillas *or flour* warmed
1 small tomato, chopped (about 1/2 cup) optional
1 green onion, sliced (about 2 tablespoons) optional
- · Heat the oven to 350°F. Stir the soup, sour cream, ¼ can of Rotel® and chili powder in a Sauté Pan. Heat.
- · Mix in Chicken when soup mixture is heated and sauté.
- · Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas and place seam-side down in a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- · Melt rest of Rotel® and ½ of Velveeta® block *cubed* in microwave and pour over pan of enchiladas. Sprinkle cheese sparingly over enchiladas and place in oven.
- · Bake for 10 minutes or until all cheese is melted. Top with the tomato and onion.